95% Mortgages

A 95% loan-to-value (LTV) mortgage is where you put down a 5% deposit, and the remaining 95% is borrowed from a mortgage lender.

95% LTV mortgages became less common following the housing market downturn, but schemes like Help to Buy [link] mean that these loans are increasingly available again.

A 95% mortgage can seem attractive to first-time buyers in particular, because the capital needed for the deposit is far lower than with most other mortgage deals. However, these mortgages may also have higher interest rates and have a higher initial set-up fee (or lending charges) than other mortgages. You may also be subject to more stringent lending criteria with a 95% mortgage than if you could put down a larger deposit.

Compare 95% LTV mortgages now

Finding mortgages that match the information you've given us...

Go direct, or get advice

If you're comfortable making your own financial decisions, the table shows today's mortgage deals and you can call lenders directly for more information.

If you'd prefer to get advice on choosing the right mortgage, we can put you in touch with a mortgage adviser.