Architas BirthStar® Target Date Funds
What are Architas BirthStar® Target Date Funds?
Architas BirthStar® Target Date Funds is a range of ‘all-in-one’ investment funds designed to help you invest for your medium (at least five years) to long-term (over 10 years) investment goals.
Making and managing an investment plan requires careful consideration of what you are investing for, how long you want or need to invest for, and what outcome you need to achieve your goals.
The Architas BirthStar® Target Date Funds could help to do some of this work for you. Each fund offers a convenient way to match the target date of a fund to the time frame of an investment goal.
Architas is responsible for the oversight of each fund, while the portfolio of investments inside each fund is managed by AllianceBernstein, a large global asset manager. Architas and AllianceBernstein are both part of the global AXA group, one of the world’s largest financial services companies.
Watch the video
This video contains only market information and does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation. If you’re not sure if a product is suitable for you, seek financial advice.
Architas BirthStar® Target Date Funds offer an ‘all-in-one’ managed investment strategy within a single fund labelled by a "Target Date". Before the Target Date, the Fund aims to grow the value of your investment, so is invested mostly in higher risk assets. After the Target Date, the Fund aims to protect the value of your investment, so is invested mostly in lower risk assets. The move from higher risk assets to lower risk assets is managed gradually over time. This gives you a straightforward approach to age-based or goal-based investing.
- Age-based investing: by selecting a Target Date Fund to match your expected retirement date, for example when you turn 65, you can use an Architas BirthStar® Target Date Fund to help you grow your investments before retirement and to protect them for withdrawal during retirement.
- Goal-based investing: you can select an Architas BirthStar® Target Date Fund to match the target date of an investment goal, for example, a deposit for a home, your children’s education, or just investing for the future.
- Convenience: Each fund offers a professionally managed and well-diversified investment portfolio that manages key risks for you as time goes on saving you the hassle of managing it yourself.
- Flexibility: The target date is the date you expect to start taking your money back out, but you can take it out at any time, or switch to a different Target Date Fund if your investment objectives change.
- Daily oversight: The fund manager adapts the level of risk in the portfolio to reflect changes in the market and economy so you know that your investment is being closely monitored and professionally managed.
Find out more
- Meet the fund managers: find out about the people managing the birthstar funds
- Investment approach: Learn more about the aims of the funds and how they work
How to invest
Selecting a fund
You can choose any from the following list of funds to match your investment objectives. You can invest in the Architas BirthStar® Funds through The Share Centre by clicking on the links below.
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2015-2020 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2021-2025 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2026-2030 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2031-2035 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2036-2040 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2041-2045 – buy fund
- Architas BirthStar® Target Date 2046-2050 – buy fund
The annual charge for the fund (Ongoing Charge Figure) is 0.55% of the fund’s value. If you are using a financial adviser, or an investing platform, terms may vary and additional charges may apply.